Thursday, January 3, 2008

One hour crush.

I saw him there, standing with a friend,
Clad in a kurta and jeans...quite a trend!
Smile on his face, mischief in those beautiful, brown eyes,
Something told me he isn't like the other guys.
I pushed my hair out of my face,
I was a mess. Just one of those days.
As his friend spoke to mine,
I checked him out...specimen was FINE. ;)
Wiping the ice cream stains off my cheek,
I tried my best not to look like a geek.
Those 10 seconds went by quite quickly,
Leaving me all shy and giggly.
An hour later, i felt like a fool.
Some stranger had made me drool.
Thankfully, got over it within an hour
I washed away the stupidity with a nice hot shower.

2 weeks later i saw him again.
The crush was back...what a pain!
Getting back home, i realised it was there no more
I didnt feel the same way i did before.
Ugh. What a confusing emotion this was
No sooner does it come than it does pass.
This, my friend explained to me is called a one hour crush,
When your heart beats fast and your blood does rush.
An hour or less is how long it sticks around
Comes like a flash and exits leaving no trace, no sound.

No comments: