Monday, March 29, 2010

Romancing the Night

A step into the solemn night
I saw the streets, devoid of light
I felt a tingle in my bones
Bewitching sky, it's dark tones
A quick gasp, a charmed smile...

Shadows of the moonlit trees
An avenue of mysteries
I felt a soft hand fondling mine
That God of black, Oh so divine
He was with me, I felt his love...

I walked into the noir montage
So aroused, by that moon-drenched collage
The street so serenading, so silent, so calm
I felt his finger, drawing hearts on my palm
That love from darkness. At home, at home...

As the blackness caressed me, tender
I guessed not my new love's gender
I let myself feel his lukewarm touch
I followed- a lame damsel with her crutch
I made my night, a knight- my own...

Silhouettes of the night sky on my street
Lucid in an aphotic way, my bare feet
I walked on the gravel, it tickled my toes
I forgot my worries, the spelling of 'woes'
Falling in love with a rayless air...

I don't need a man, no woman will do
I found the one I will profess my love to
The blank colour that pervades post twilight
That positive darkness of my midnight
My cimmerian solitude of sensual salvation...




No comments: